Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

DH and I did some shopping yesterday. We got the cutest Nutcracker. He's about 3 feet tall and made of wood. We also got a red conical shaped "tree" that has lights. It stands to the side and behind the Nutcracker outside by our front door. The red "tree" has lights, too. I'll take a photo of it and post it. It looks so cute! I love to have something by the front door each month.

I worked on a couple of mini albums. It was a labor of love. DH took it down to the copy place to have them bind it and the gal there didn't bind it right and two of the inner pages fell out because the holes weren't placed right. I was sooooooo miffed! It took a week to make the album. Luckily, I was able to lessen the width of the cupcake top by cutting off the holes she made. Poor thing. She just didn't know.

This album uses pretty much all Basic Grey Cupcake goodies - paper, embellies, chipboard shapes, buttons, etc. DS was two on the day these photos were taken. I'm guessing he got the sweater as a b-day gift as he has a summer b-day and summers in Las Vegas were easily 116+° (47+°C.) which is hardly sweater weather! I baked the Big Bird cake because, at that time, he was so in love with anything Sesame Street. I also added touches of bling here and there - balloons, word, gift, etc. It turned out better than I had thought! LOL Here it is:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I hope you liked how it turned out. I just had so much fun doing it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

XO

Chris

No comments: