Saturday, February 27, 2010

Visiting Teaching Message, March, 2010

It's a beautiful, rainy day in the desert! Oh, I am so loving all the rain we've been getting! Rain in the high desert means snow in the mountains. Snow in the mountains means more water!

It's the end of the month and soon you'll be preparing for your monthly visiting teaching assignment. I have some things to share with you. Maybe there is something here you could use. Because of the size restrictions, the photos aren't the best. Please feel free to contact me if you need more info.

The objective of March's Visiting Teaching Lesson is to remind us to study the Scriptures daily. I admit, I'm someone who needs to do more of that. I found the lesson hard because of my own failing. Maybe what I've provided for my sweet sisters will also help me do better.

While doing some background work, I read that one thing to do to enhance your reading is to make a really big bookmark! How easy is that? Big is good (especially when you need to stick things in your toes in order to read them). I found a wonderful suggestion by Elder Rex D. Pinegar which I printed on the bookmark. Elder Pinegar's suggestion is to insert your name while doing your daily reading. What a simple idea and a way to personalize the Scriptures! Here is the bookmark:

Photobucket


Since it is March, everyone is a little bit Irish in March, right? Therefore, I made my color scheme green. I chose to make a booklet to help keep track of the daily reading. The booklet has three key pages inside. The fourth interior page has replicas of highway signs. Let me explain that first.

Elder Russell M. Nelson gave an analogy to using the Lord's plan to that of a spiritual road map. What do we see on road maps? We see markers for various highways. I took that concept and went with it. Here are two road signs to help us stay on track:

Photobucket


The second road sign states seven steps toward forming a strong habit for daily reading as shared by Sr. Becki Prengel
Photobucket


Here is how I fit it all into the booklet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Here are two copies for you to use, if you wish. Just drag them to your desktop.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The recording keeping charts are not mine. I am providing the links so that you can copy them as nice, crisp images.

http://lds.about.com/library/weekly/2003/readingchart_bofm.pdf
http://lds.about.com/library/weekly/2003/readingchart_nt.pdf
http://lds.about.com/library/weekly/2003/readingchart_dc.pdf

I hope there you can use something I've shared for March. I am so glad that you stopped by. I love your visits! Why not become a follower? That way, you'll know when I've posted something new. If you have it in your heart, leave a little love! Everyone loves warm fuzzies!

I wish each of you peace.

XO,
Chris

1 comment:

twinsand2boys said...

Thanks for posting your ideas Chris.